1 January 2016
- Made some corrections and improvements to the FEN grammar, noted by Rein Halbersma.
- Added an archived copy of the PDN 2.0 standard, since it is no longer available online.
- Added Zimbabwean pool checkers.
3 May 2014
- Changed the GameType tag for Jamaican draughts: A5 -> A1
- Removed the vertical direction from the Notation field, since in all
known cases the notation direction is horizontal.
30 April 2014
- Added a test page for the GameType tag.
- Corrected the description of the notation field of the GameType tag.
- Made some corrections to the GameType table.
- Pool checkers (unified): A1 -> A0
- Turkish draughts: A1 -> A0
27 April 2014
- Changed the result type of Frisian draughts to Default.
18 April 2014
- Made some corrections to the gametype table, noted by Rein Halbersma.
- Russian/Brazilian/Czech: A1 -> A0
- Spantsiretti: N2 -> A0
- Thai: black starts, and N1 -> N2
- Added an improved description of move disambiguation, supplied by Ed Gilbert.
- Added a section with proposals for the next version of the standard.
27 May 2013
- Made some improvements to the gametype section, with the help of Jake Cacher.
- Added game types Jamaican draughts and Pool checkers
- Added some examples of the board layout of game types
- Adapted the interpretation of the invert flag in the game type
- Extended the notation flag of the game type, such that the Jamaican draughts notation is supported
- Added an example for setup commands, supplied by Gérard Taille.
- Added a proposal for the notation null moves, by Gérard Taille.
12 March 2012
- Added a section about character encodings.
- Adapted the allowed values for the Result tag, and added a ResultFormat tag that can be used to specify uncommon result values.
- Added clk, mct, egt and emt embedded commands.
- Added TimeControlWhite and TimeControlBlack tags for specifying individual time settings.
- Added requirements for notation type and capture separators.
- Adapted the grammars to allow alpha numeric moves without separator (a3b4).
- Added documentation about when the full capture notation may/must be used.
- Added requirement about disambiguation of ambiguous moves.
- Added a comment that the empty string is always allowed for a PDN tag value.
- Added line comments starting with a %.
- Added FEN values with unknown color (specified using ?).
- Updated the grammars.
- Updated the PDN checker.